Thank you for your consideration of submitting content to SuccessfulStartup101.com, as well as the Successful Startup weekly newsletter and monthly digital magazine (referenced collectively as Successful Startup 101 from here on out). We cannot tell you how much we appreciate both your time AND your expertise.
What we’re looking for is pretty cut-and-dry: we’re looking for passionate individuals who want to help people succeed as they launch their new businesses. And the best part is that you don’t need to be a world-renowned speaker, author, business owner or consultant. In fact, some of the best articles we’ve ever read have been from non-mainstream movers and shakers who fly under the radar, quietly doing their part to help make the startup space a better place. Does this sound like you?
If so, please ask yourself the following 2 questions:
If your answers to both questions are a resounding yes, we encourage you to keep reading for all of our submission guidelines, terms and conditions…
How To Reach Our Audience
While we certainly don’t want to put too many restrictions on you, there are a few basic submission guidelines we’ll need you to follow:
- Rights: your idea must be completely original and copyright free.
- Length: we’re looking for content that’s 500 to 2,000 words in length. If you’re submitting audio or a podcast, we will need your audio supplied as an mp3 file. If you’re submitting a video, please supply it as an mp4 file.
- Photos: any photographs supplied to further enhance your article must be supplied as jpeg’s and be of high enough resolution for a digital magazine; preferably 150dpi at 100%. The photographs must meet the below terms and conditions (royalty free or originals).
- Style: conversational, first-person language is preferred. Speak as though you’re talking to a friend.
- Practical: all submissions must include practical, how-to/action steps readers can use immediately.
- Educational: please focus on providing valuable content to our readers. Your work should not sell (subtlety or overtly) any products or services. Do not submit ideas if you are simply seeking a byline, credit, or link. NO links to unrelated sites or affiliate links.
- Byline: it’s recommended that you include a byline/credit at the bottom of your submission. It should be less than 50 words in length. At your option, include your name, email, telephone, website, Twitter account, Facebook link, and LinkedIn profile link.
- Bio Picture (Optional): feel free to include a professional-looking photograph of yourself so that our readers get to know you a little better. Photo should be 72 dpi in JPG/JPEG or PNG format.
- Assignment: by submitting your work, you hereby assign any and all rights, title and interest, including and not limited to, copyrights, trade secrets, and proprietary rights to the submitted work. We reserve the right to edit and change any part of your work.
How To Target Your Content
While we do cover a lot of ground at Successful Startup 101, our main focuses are on the topics outlined below…
|Getting Started||How to Start a Small Business||Startup Checklists||Corporation Formation||Incubators & Accelerators||Ready to Launch|
|Management||Hiring and Firing||Outsourcing||HR||Legal||Leadership|
|Money||Finance||Accounting||Taxes||Funding & Crowdfunding||Personal Finance|
|Planning & Strategy||Business Strategy Examples||Planning Processes||Scaling & Growth||*||*|
|Sales & Marketing||Marketing||Sales||*||*||*|
|Special Focus||Women & Entrepreneurship||Veteran’s & Entrepreneurship||*||*||*|
How To Stay In Compliance
(aka: the terms and conditions, which we are required to tell you about)
For any contribution to Successful Startup 101 (including, but not limited to, any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio), you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant Successful Startup 101:
- Perpetual, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, modify (if needed), adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, play, sublicense and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide.
- Ability to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution.
In addition, you agree to waive any and all moral rights that exist in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication with Successful Startup 101 and the purposes specified above.
By submitting your contribution to Successful Startup 101, you attest to the fact that your contribution:
- Is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available for distribution.
- Does not violate, plagiarize, or infringe on the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, or proprietary rights.
- Does not infringe any law, nor is defamatory.
- Is not used for commercial purposes or self-promotion.
Breach of Warranties
- Successful Startup 101 reserves the right to modify any article or part of an article according to editorial needs and without notification or permission from the author.
- Successful Startup 101 reserves the right to change its editorial guidelines and these terms and conditions at any time and at its sole discretion.
How To Contact Us
Have additional questions or concerns? Want to run an idea past us before you start writing? If so, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org